Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Psapp

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I would first like to thank Alex, the most wonderful person in the world, for telling me about these guys(and girl), and if it weren't for my lack of motivation to listen to them, you would have heard about them much sooner. They're really great though, I swear. Psapp is Carim Classman and Galia Durant, a boy and a girl from London who both happen to be obsessed with wierd noises and beautiful pop melodies. This obsession results in a sound that "slips between genres like an excited snake in a margarine tub." Exciting huh?

If i had to describe what I've heard so far, I would say it's Four Tet with pretty female vocals. Or maybe its a much quirkier Postal Service, except Gibbard got the boot and a girl took over. So, I said they sound a little like The Postal Service so now you have no choice but to listen to them. Unless you've already heard of them, in which case, I'm wasting your time. Either way, their newest album, Tiger, My Friend is eleven tracks of glitchy dream pop goodness and you can buy it right here.

From Tiger, My Friend
Leaving In Coffins

Visit their Myspace to listen to more songs. If you only listen to one song, I highly recommend listening to "Curuncula".

p.s. I may be a little late on these guys, but if you havent heard them yet, do it.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home