Sunday, January 08, 2006

First Ever Recorded Sigur Ros Track

This track appears on the 1994 Smekkleysa compilation Smekkleysa í hálfa öld and is the first song Sigur Ros ever recorded.

[MP3]: Sigur Ros :: Fljúgðu
Upon hearing this song, you realize more than ever, that My Bloody Valentine's Loveless was quite a favorite of Sigur Ros in their early years. Also, am I hearing things or is that actually some flanger effect on the drums? I think it is. I love this song though, it's very mesmerizing.

Matt had his Elizabethtown gloating moment, well now it's my fifteen minutes of fame. ANNAPOLIS! Woo Hoo! Okay, I'm done.

GvB has got a track from one of my most anticipated collaborations of the year. After hearing this song I'm even more excited.

Head over to Can You See The Sunset From The Southside for a couple great tracks from the Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins album. I still maintain that Jenny Lewis is cutest thing in the world.

Finally, be sure to stop by MarathonPacks and check the second installment of his Covers Mix Contest. Here's the quick run-down: He made a mix of covers. Download it. Listen Carefully, do some research. Email him with the song title, and the name of the original artist and the covering artist for each song. Maybe you'll win? Not if you dont enter!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home