Wednesday, January 18, 2006

New Midlake Track

This track appears on the new 2006 Bella Union sampler Beneath the Surface: Volume 2. You can this sampler for free when you purchase £8.99 or more from the Bella Union online store, and trust me, it's very easy to spend more than £8.99 in there.

[MP3]: Midlake :: Roscoe (Highly Rec'd)
I've been pretty much in love with this song since I first heard it yesterday and I think you guys will love it too. I still cant decide what it is that makes me love this song so much, though. Is it frontman Tim Smith's rustic vocals and lyrics, or could it be the keys or the fuzzy guitars? Either way, it demands repeated listens. Let me know what you guys think of it.

Elsewhere:

Head over Indie Interviews and check out the new podcast (Episode 27) where Garrison sits down with Chris Hrasky of Explosions in the Sky to talk about stuff.

Colin Meloy is playing a live solo set on KEXP today! But don't worry about a thing because Matt's got the logistics all worked out for you.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been listening to this song nonstop.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, found your name when browsing.. nice blog.
please feel free to visit my little space: http://www.uhort.no/artist/Scatterbrain

-skttrbrn

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home