Friday, February 03, 2006

Heartbeats And Other Things Of Interest

I must admit, I never got around to listening to The Knife's "Heartbeats." I fell in love with Jose Gonzalez's cover of the song, but just always forgot to to check out the original. Well, I still haven't heard the "original" original, but today Said The Gramaphone posted the BBC One Music Session version of the song and good God is it BRILLIANT!

Matt's a cheater.

Brooklyn Vegan's got the PLUG Awards wrap-up. It appears he stayed for The National.

Sixeyes has a veritable cornucopia of good things, as per usual.

My friend Leza started a music blog called Sings Like Lightening. I was gonna give her a shout out earlier, but I thought I would wait until she got it up and running all well and good. Check it out.

Aquarium Drunkard's posted all of the tracks from the Colin Meloy Sings Shirley Collins Ep, so head over there if you still don't have them all yet.

Skatterbrain has put up tracks 5 and 6 from his amazing Sleepytime Mixtape Project. Man I love that guy!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pssst, "Heartbeats" is at StG, not Stereogum, but other than that, great!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home