Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Fiery Furnaces - "Borneo"



Okay Fiery Furnaces, I didn't really fall in love with Rehearsing My Choir like I thought I would, but I loved Blueberry Boat and the EP, so my expectations for their for your forthcoming Bitter Tea were still set fairly high. Bitter Tea isn't as bizarre as Rehearsing My Choir, but it's also not nearly as accessible as, say, the EP. So, basically, I liken it to Blueberry Boat, which is great because as you all [better] know, Blueberry Boat is unbelievably fantastic. Bitter Tea is set for release April 18th on Fat Possum Records and you're going to luv it.

[MP3]: The Fiery Furnaces :: Borneo
This is, in my opinion the "second(almost first) best" track off of Bitter Tea. It also happens to be one of the shorter songs on the album, which seems to consist mostly of songs of the "five minutes or more" species. This may just become my favorite song off of Bitter Tea as it has been growing on me like mold on bread, my current fav would be "Police Sweater Blood Vow" (which you can go grab from Fluxblog). While "Police Sweater Blood Vow" may be more immediately accessible, "Borneo" is more like the Fiery Furnaces that I fell in love with on Blueberry Boat. The laser beam keyboards and hyperidiculous drums in the choruses really seal the deal, I'll take wacky bizarre Fiery Furnaces over EP-style Furnaces any day of the week. Hyperidiculous, yeah, I made that word up.


Stereogum has another new Fiery Furnaces track called "Teach Me Sweetheart." It's quite good, too.

For those of you that still haven't heard it, Matt has the "new" Mogwai track. Silly other Matt, post-rock is for other Matt.

Explosions in the Sky finally has their new site up. I can finally get a shirt!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks...but that ezarchive link isn't working...can you double check

10:26 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

the ezarchive server has been acting up lately, going down whenever it wants, hopefully theyll have their problem fixed soon.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a typical blogger, making up words. hahaha. anyway, I love that track too! I agree on the BB comparison. Although I think it's kinda like Rehearsing My Choir minus the grandma. It would have fit well between BB and RMC I think.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sixeyes had that mogwai track about two weeks ago!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

so i can show matty some love?

9:33 PM  
Anonymous borneo eco tours said...

It's about choosing the right location to travel. There are many different sights to see.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home