Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Glass Family Are So Hot Right Now



It seems like every great band I've been hearing about lately is either coming out of Texas or Canada. Austin, Tx's The Glass Family keep the streak going with their infectious piano-laden rock. The Glass Family come from the same vein as other recent successful acts like SOUNDteam, Voxtrot, Zykos, etc. The Glass Family's debut LP Sleep Inside This Wheel was recently released on I Eat Records and is getting lots of play on college radio across the U.S. I haven't been able to stop listening to this song since the first playthrough, everything is just perfect, especially those back and forth vocals in the chorus, those really grabbed me.

[MP3]: The Glass Family :: This Is Impossible

Buy Sleep Inside This Wheel directly from I Eat Records.

In early April they will embark on their first semi-national tour, starting in Houston then traveling to and up the east coast, over through the midwest, and back southward. They're even coming to Maryland! Except... I'm not 21. Well, hopefully everyone else will enjoy them without me.

Them there dates:

Mar 31 2006
The Parish Austin, TX
Apr 3 2006
Rudyard's Houston, TX
Apr 4 2006
Red Star Bar Baton Rouge, LA
Apr 5 2006
The Earl Atlanta, GA
Apr 6 2006
House Party!! Athens, GA
Apr 7 2006
The Cave Chapel Hill, NC
Apr 8 2006
Talking Head Baltimore, MD
Apr 9 2006
Mercury Lounge New York, NY
Apr 10 2006
Pianos New York, NY
Apr 11 2006
TT the Bear's Boston, MA
Apr 12 2006
Manhattan Room Philadelphia, PA
Apr 13 2006
Inside Out Gallery Cleveland, OH
Apr 14 2006
Lager House Detroit, MN
Apr 15 2006
Empty Bottle Chicago, IL
Apr 16 2006
Verde Iowa City, IA
Apr 17 2006
Replay Lounge Lawrence, KS
Apr 18 2006
Hi Lo Oklahoma City, OK
Apr 19 2006
The Cavern Dallas, TX

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger Laurence said...

Hi, I just wanted to say I love your blog and I check it daily!!! nice to know I'm not the only one into music like this!!!! Keep going!!!

Laurence

my music blog : The Music and I, live in Denmark

2:43 AM  
Blogger Samantha. said...

are you going to the pitchfork music festival??

9:12 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

i might be... im not completely postive yet. why do you ask?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home