Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Neko Case - "Dirty Knife"

First of all, PLEASE go here and vote for the Parlour Boys. They are in the running for the Verizon V-Cast "Calling All Bands" contest. The winner will be the first ever to release a song and video on V-Cast from Verizon Wireless. Go Vote! The Parlour Boys will love you! Okay, onward.



I've noticed this has already been making the rounds on the blogs lately, but I'm absolutely in love with this album and it would be a crime for me not to encourage you to listen to it, if you haven't already. I was going to put up a song called "That Teenage Feeling," but you can go get that here or here. Another one of my favorite tracks from Neko Case's Fox Confessor Brings the Flood is "Dirty Knife" and that's the one I decided to put up. I'm still blown away by how much I love this album, because typically, this type of music isn't my thing at all. I'd say it's probably a combination of Neko Case's irresistable voice and the recent beautiful weather, but i just can't seem to put it down.

[MP3]: Neko Case :: Dirty Knife
This song showcases Neko's amzing ability to build atmosphere in her music through her voice. I'd describe the song as a sort of country-noir due to the haunted feeling I get when listening to it. The cello builds up the tension at the end of the sound with it's very low pitched quick strokes. Hey, almost like, someone's coming after with a "Dirty Knife" perhaps?

Buy Fox Confessor Brings the Flood from Amazon.com
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger music is art said...

yay neko! you should check this lil live video of her, if you havent already: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uIW69l-iT0o

you have a wonderful lil blog here... great music taste!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home