Wednesday, March 15, 2006

When I Was Young I Wanted To Do Great Things



I've never been too fond of e-labels in the past because I've never really come upon any that put out anything even remotely interesting to me. However, there's always something out there to change my opinion and in this case it was the e-label Sundays In Spring. I'll admit, I've only listened to one of their releases, but if Chauchat is any indication of how good the rest of their artists are, I'm very excited.

At first listen it would appear that Chauchat is quite possibly the illegimate child of David Bazan and Connor Oberst(don't question it, it could totally happen), but their more than that. Chauchat's Tyler Whitney is a heck of a songwriter, with lines like this from "When I was Young I Wanted to Do Great Things": These pillows are anchors and it seems like you’re still here / But we already went over that / A couple poets are singing as I try to sleep / Forcing couplets from their busted beaks. His emotion is just as real as Mr. Bazan or Mr. Oberst's and frankly, even sometimes more engaging.

[MP3]: Chauchat :: When I was Young I Wanted to Do Great Things

Listen to the rest of the self-titled album right here.
Check out more Chauchat releases on Frigital Records.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cameron said...

I strongly recommend Lost On Purpose from Sunday In Spring. Will Check out Chauchat, thanks for the rec

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home