Thursday, April 13, 2006

I could be a flower and rise up in the dirt



Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives, the second EP by Austin's Voxtrot was released a little over a week ago and I can already say it's one of my favorite releases of the year. This new EP continues with the picture perfect melodies and irresistable pop hooks that was seen on their Raised By Wolves EP. I liken Voxtrot to Beulah, not because they're musically comparable, but because I see Beulah as pretty much as perfect as pop can get and since their untimely end Voxtrot is the first band I've heard that seems to be making pop music on that same kind of level. "Rise Up in the Dirt" is my favorite track from the new EP, take a listen.

[MP3]: Voxtrot :: Rise Up in the Dirt (Live on KEXP) (via Stereogum)
What amazes me and also adds to the Beulah/Voxtrot relation, is how both bands uses such fairly simple arrangements and to make some of the most perfect melodies to ever reach my ears. Not that the rollicking guiatr and piano melody throughout the song isn't great, but the chorus of this song is worth the price of the entire EP itself. Give it a listen and then try to tell this isn't one of the catchiest songs you've heard in a while.

Buy Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives for $6.99!
or
Buy Raised by Wolves for $6.99!

Visit Voxtrot on MySpace or check out the band's blog here.


Matt's got a new Tilly and the Wall track. I don't care what you guys say, their new album is great!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good site

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home