Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Semifinalists - "Let's Kill This"



I'm extremely short on time today, but I've had the new self-titled album from London's Semifinalists sitting around for a while and I just finally got around listening to it. And I can't believe I waited so long to get around to it, because it's fantastic dreamy pop, from beginning to end. Think perhaps Metric's rocking side meets The Most Serene Republic's dreamy careening guitars, but without all those unnervingly crazy time signatures.

[MP3]: Semifinalists :: Let's Kill This
Sounding almost Sigur Ros-like right from the get go, you know these guys are all about atmosphere, and they do such a great job making their music into living, breathing entities. Vocalist Adriana has one of the sweetest voices this side of Emily Haines and Leslie Feist, and its all topped off with twinkling math-rocky guitars until, the song takes a big turn, very much like on Metric's "Empty" and explodes into a full blown rock song with.

Semifinalists on MySpace.

Hopefully with time permitting, I'll try to get another post up later today.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked album!
I like it a lot, but I really prefer Origin Song... that brillant one!!!
Sounds a bit of Sigur Rós (one of my fav bands actually)... but who cares? It's lovely, that's the main thing!
Cheers

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home