Monday, May 29, 2006

Lucky Lucky Pigeons: "Who Smells Marshmallows?"



I dont even really remember how I found Sweden's Lucky Lucky Pigeons, but somehow I ended up on their MySpace page and they didnt friend request me, so it's still a mystery. But, regardless of how I got there, I'm really glad I did because this is the perfect music for the weather outside. As you can see, it is yet again an all girl pop band (I swear I'm not doing it on purpose!), but with a bit of an elctro pop feel to them. Their songs are immediately catchy and they're really fun! Check out this song from their new Happy Birds Day EP.

[MP3]: Lucky Lucky Pigeons :: Who Smells Marshmallows?
The first thing I loved about this song was the piano, which works really well when butted up against the frenzied glitchy drum machine. What makes this song the huge success of pop song that it is, is the ridiculous and wildly infectious chorus of "Who smells marshmallows? / who smells marshmallows? / who smells marshmallows? / all the time!" If you're not singing along by the second chorus, you must be dead inside.

I'm not sure how you might go about buying this EP, because their MySpace has no details about where to find it and their website is Swedish. Best of luck to anyone who wants to search it out. If I find somewhere you can buy it I'll let you guys know. If you find out before me, leave it in the comments.

Lucky Lucky Pigeons on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their website just says they're working on a demo that'll be out in May, and if you fill in the form at the bottom they'll mail you an address that you can send the money to when it's finished. Which I guess means they need to update their site.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good blog..

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! I'm the girl to the right, and it's really really great that you like our music :)
well, about the EP. we're finishing the last track this week, and hope to release it soon, in two weeks or something (only here in sweden). we've got contact with a label from UK which probably will release the EP too, sometimes this summer. in a few days we'll have a new homepage too! lucky you, it's in english.
well, thanks. :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hey Elin!
I'm glad you got to see the post and thats great news about the website! I cant wait to see it! :)

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home