Saturday, May 20, 2006

New Vells Album On The Way!



I haven't even been half as excited for any release this year as I am for for Vells' (there is no 'The') second LP Integretron. As a reference point, 2004's Flight From Echo Falls is, in my opinion, one of the finest pop albums, beginning to end, that I have ever heard and if Integretron is anything like Flight From Echo Falls then it will be in very high contention for album of the year for me.

For those who don't already know, Vells are: Tristan Marcum, Jeremiah Green, and Mary Thinnes. Tristan Marcum has got to be one of the most talented musicians out there right now: he writes absolutely brilliant lyrics heavy with $100 words that just flow beautifully along with his dark, catchy melodies. Back to Integretron though, it is now slated for a release date of September 6th, which is WAY too far away. If I don't hear some new Vells soon I'm going to explode. Until September 6th, we'll just have to keep ourselves closely wrapped around Flight From Echo Falls and the ealier released self-titled EP. In honor of anticipation, here are some of my favorite tracks from both of those. (All are very highly recommended!!!) Do you not love them?

From the self-titled EP:
[MP3]: Vells :: Very Scary Trees
[MP3]: Vells :: Blue Blue Bones

From Flight From Echo Falls:
[MP3]: Vells :: In My Paradise
[MP3]: Vells :: In The Hours Of Flowers

Buy the self-titled EP from Luckyhorse Industries for $8
Buy Flight From Echo Falls from Imputor? Records for $9.99

Vells have also announced plans to tour after the release of Integretron, more details on that as I get them. I would highly recommened checking them out if they come anywhere near you.


Completely unrelated, but I found this video on YouTube last night and watched it about 12 times. I can now confirm that not seeing The Go! Team live yet is really ruining my life. This is a surprisingly good quality video of my favorite Go! Team song,"The Power Is On," performed on The Late Late Show.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home