Friday, May 12, 2006

Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 11&12



I've been promising a couple summer night driving songs for the past two or three posts and since it's late right now and that's what I'm the mood for for, I'll do it. These songs exemplify the two ends of my personal night driving songs spectrum. One is beautiful, sprawling post-rock, and the other is dark, acoustic, almost psych pop, that also happens to be beautiful.

[MP3]: Mogwai :: Helicon 1
This is probably my favorite Mogwai song at the current moment. It switches between "Helicon 1" and "Tracy" rather frequently. Most of the song is just one guitar playing a melody while another, beautifully distorted and delayed, hovers over it gradually rising in intensity, until it burts into the most some of the most serene sounding guitar my ears have ever heard.

[MP3]: Silver Sunshine :: Nightmares
Silver Sunshine is a band i know very little about, except that they make a blend of indie pop and psych that couldn't be more perfect for a long night drive. The acoutic melody of the guitar paired with the dark, smooth, 60's psych style vocals are just so infectious. I'd really like to hear more of these guys.

www.mogwai.co.uk
www.silversunshine.com


I've got a Pipettes related surprise for tomorrow, be excited, be very excited. I know I am.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So, I was rereading today to look at the whole tape so far, and when I dug around to look for your sleepytime mix tape I found the links for a bunch of the songs were down. Is it bad form to ask about those possibly coming back by magic? I sit on my hind feet and do tricks for sleepy music!

-cassie

3:01 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Im not gonna be able to put all of them back up, I just dont have the space, but send me and email with what songs you want and I'll try to get them to you. :)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home