Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 17&18



Hope you guys enjoyed the lovely bit of twee in last night's selections. Tonight's songs, sadly, are not quite twee at all. These songs, like the many that have come before them, are best suited for the fast highway driving that I enjoy twice a day. Okay, maybe I dont always enjoy it, but it's songs like these that make it a little better. Got a great track from a not-so-well known Toronto band and a new track from The Grates, who's new album Gravity Won't Get You High, is one of my very favorite releases so far this year.

[MP3]: Comic Book Fever :: TV Babies
I heard this song about two months ago and it took about a two weeks for it to grow on me, I'm not quite sure why, but now I love it dearly. it's fuzzy art-rock at it's finest, complete with incoherent howling and overdriven bass. Right at the lead up to the chorus is where this song always gets me, I don't know if it's the drum roll or the singer's freak out, but it's awesome.

[MP3]: The Grates :: Little People
The grate things about The Grates (hah!) is that their songs couldn't possibly be more fun to sing along to. Patience's vocal delivery is just too infectious to just listen to while sitting down, so what do you do? You get up and sing and dance and scream "You've got little people! Hey! You want it? Hey! You got it!" Great for dancing in the driver's seat too, trust me, I've done it plenty of times.

www.comicbookfever.com
www.thegrates.com

Previously:
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 1&2
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 3&4
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 5&6
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 7&8
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 9&10
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 11&12
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 13&14
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 15&16
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!