Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 23&24



It's a been a great run folks and and I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have but the lovely Summer Drive Mixtape Project must come to an end sometime, and that time is now. Now, in the beginning I said I based this off of a mix that I had already made. Well my initial plan was to just go through that song by song in order and put it up, but I ended up tossing a few songs, adding some new ones and pretty much posting them in no particular oder really. But, tonight's last two songs are actually the last two songs that appeared on the original mix I made, so I felt it only appropriate to end it the right way. And here we go, for the last time, until the next Mixtape Project.

[MP3]: Of Montreal :: Rapture Rapes The Muses
Of Montreal in some shape or form is absolutely essential to Summer in every way possible. That bassline in the beginning right before it breaks into the lysergical keyboard and handclap frenzy is one of my absolute favorite Of Montreal moment out of all the albums. The harmonies and the tidal wave of joyous "la la la's" that follow are just the perfect soundtrack to any moment of a sunny day.

[MP3]: Apollo Sunshine :: I Was On The Moon
The happiest song ever. Plus, yknow, that guitar at the end is brilliant.

www.ofmontreal.net
www.apollosunshine.com

Previously:
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 1&2
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 3&4
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 5&6
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 7&8
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 9&10
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 11&12
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 13&14
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 15&16
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 17&18
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 19&20
Summer Drive Mixtape Project: 21&22

Well that's it, it's over! I hope you all enjoyed it greatly and comments on this project or suggestions for the next one would be much appreciated! Thanks lovelies.
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!