Monday, August 28, 2006

The Blow: "Parentheses"


The Blow

I'm sure you're all well aware of my excitement over the upcoming Joanna Newsom record by now, but another upcoming release that I'm just as excited about is The Blow's Paper Television. I'm sure most of you, just like me, have already listened to "Pile of Gold" a million times, but if you're still now convinced that Paper Televison is going to one of the most awesome records of the year, check out this equally magnificent track.

[MP3]: The Blow :: Parentheses (Highly Recommended!!!)
My ignorance toward staying on top of, well, anything from Friday afternoon to Sunday has led me to just now notice that Pitchfork featured this track on Friday, so you probably already heard this song. Well, whatever, I already wrote that sweet paragraph up there so I better not waste it, plus, you know, this is a damn good song. If these two tracks are any indication, the lyrical catchiness of Paper Television is going to be mind-blowing. If you're still trying to get that chorus from "Pile of Gold" out of your head, then the non-rhyming brilliance of "There's something in the deli aisle that makes you cry, of course I put my arm around you and I walk you outside, through the sliding doors, why would I mind?" should fill it's spot nicely.

In Case you've been living in a deep deep hole...
[MP3]: The Blow :: Pile of Gold

Paper Television will be out October 24th of the wonderful K Records, and you should buy the hell out of it, or I'll hunt you down and kill you, or least pull the shingles off your roof.

The Blow on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to Parentheses.. not bad, it gets catchy after a couple of times, but have you noticed that the whole song is clipped pretty much continuously? I don't know whether that's intentional or a mastering error, but it's so loud that there's pretty severe distorion.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed this the first time I listened to it. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

pile of gold is awesome.
as for the audio, that's just how it is.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that this is a Myspace rip, which would explain the problems.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

that's what i assumed

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing.
only word that can describe this album.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up.
just visiting my site
COMPUTER INFORMATION
Parisj Van Java
Anti Virus Protection
New Anti Virus
Anti Virus Info an Virus Remover
Brontok Information
Make Money Online
MP3 Music Download
So Sexy
Virus Protection Guard
thanks.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heellloooO! low fi is awesome. i kind of feel like i was there when it was mastered. rockin. i heat puntucation

12:36 PM  
Blogger Ida Th said...

amazing, brilliant song!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home