Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Continental Divide: "The Days Drag, But He's Old"


Nathan of Continental Divide

Disclaimer: Okay, yes, I posted this yesterday, but it turns I had more than a few things wrong, so I apologize. I have edited and updated the post and I really urge you to check out this amazing track.

Contitnental Divide is a four piece from Destin, Florida that loves keyboards and bells. I've also recently discovered that I love them and that they're extremely promising and if they really wanted to, they could probably take the blogosphere by storm. Yeah, I said it. Blogosphere blogosphere blogosphere. This track will be appearing on an unsigned band compilation released by Velvet Blue Music which is home to Richard Swift, Denison Witmer, and Starflyer 59. If these guys continue at the pace they're going, I can't see them being unsigned for very much longer.

[MP3]: Continental Divide :: The Days Drag, But He's Old (Listen Now!!!)
If you were wondering why the elipses is there, it's not because it's part of the title. It's there because the fulltitle of the song was cut off on their MySpace, which is their only home on the internet. About the song though, it's awesome! I mean, I use enough hyperbole as it is, so what's a little more, right? In all seriousness though, this song sounds a bit like the result of The Strokes singing some unwritten Wolf Parade song. In fact, it's got a real "Wolf Parade's first two EPs" sound to it, what with the drum explosions, buzzing keyboards, and those sweet sweet bells. With the right production, these songs could be even better than they already are. Keep your eyes fixed on these guys in the coming year.

Continental Divide on MySpace
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you stop ruining music by comparing everything to everything else.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not a picture of them (at least the band members section doesn't list any girls as members.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

well yeah, the girls aren't. but i assumed that the two boys were.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture is not Continental Divide, that would be (from left to right) Rebecca Reid, Bradley Speaks, Ethan Hogue, and Chelsea Edwards... none of these people are even members of Continental Divide, but they are all friends. And attended Okaloosa Walton Community College together.

I know all of them very well, accept for Bradley. Continental Divide is currently - Nathen Pemberton, Jared Pemberton, Brian Forfa, and Stone Hansard. They are not playing anythign currently due to the fact that they are all attending differant colleges around Florida.

If you like this, also check out Stone's noise-pop band which includes everyone in Continental Divide as well. www.myspace.com/infinitywomanomega

- Ramey

3:31 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hehehe, well, thanks for clearing that up!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah Matt!

Can you post a picture of me the next time you do a post about some cool band?

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a picture of the actual band if you want it,it's not like a great photo, just a picture of us hanging out at a Fourth of July Party at my house. Jared is absent in the photo because he was in Mexico at the time.

I can e-mail it to you if you want, sorry if I seem so weird, I just was really happy to see Continental Divide on this blog, and I'd like to do whatever I can to help get their name out there.

Nathan seems pretty bored at college I know he thinks his roommate is weird and stuff, so perhaps he'll continue writing music while he's gone, but I doubt there will be any performances anytime soon.

Thanks for showing interest in mah broz!!!

-Ramey

4:03 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hey, yeah that would be great!

you can send it to mortigi_tempo@verizon.net

i talk to nathan on myspace today and he said he had a 6 song cd to he was gonna send me, so i cant wait to check it out!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is bradley of continental divide. i live elsewhere, but am a part of the band.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hi bradley, yes, nathan told me you were the "braintrust" of the band.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, I'm untilyousay@hotmail.com - the photo has been sent.

- Ramey

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i would suggest to anyone on eearrrth to try and get their hands on the 6 song cd. i just got it at their show in ft. walton on the 22nd and it is perfect.
they are an excellent live performers might i add.
it was by far my favorite band ive ever seen live actually. if you get the cance, see them live. awesome.

get dey shit.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Continental Divide is nothing less than amazing. All of these kids are impressively talented and their music never ceases to amaze me. They know how to put on a show and really, I have not even one complaint about their music.
A few of them have solo projects, such as Oh! Hungry Beast and Influenced Memory, both are amazing and go to show how genuinely excited they are about music and how talented they are. I suggest you listen to all of them.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home