Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Fits


Ben and Sara, who started The Fits back in 2004 (Sarah now lives in England)

I've been really lax about reading email submissions lately just because I've been so strapped for time, but I realized that I end up spending hours upon hours on MySpace, many times not finding a thing, so what's a few minutes to read an email, right? As it turns out, today was a good day to make this decision, because otherwise I may not have heard The Fits (although their name feels incredibley familiar like I've seen it somewhere before). The above picture is obviously a wee bit out-of-date, as Sarah is no longer with the band, but I think that photo does a good job in creating a visual image of what they sound like. The Fits debut Near Fits (a jumble of "Fine Arts") which was released back in January on Ufi Records, is brimming with indie pop gems, with a little bit of folk thrown in for good measure.

[MP3]: The Fits :: Ball of Twine
If this song wans't so damn happy, I could definitely picture it as some Figure 8 era Elliot Smith song, but since it is happy, I'll just say it could of been one of my key Summer songs had I heard a few months earlier. The jangly guitar paired with the kazoo sounding do do do's in the beginning of the song hooked me within the first 10 seconds and the song just gets better and better after that with the guitar stealing the show, dancing and wiggling all over the place.

Buy Near Fits from CDBaby
or visit The Fits on Myspace and listen to more tracks
them, go buy Near Fits from CDBaby
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home