Thursday, August 31, 2006

Grates Contest Winner / Ys is Awesome

The winner for The Grates Contest we were running has been chosen! If your name is Pat McLeod then you should have already recieved an email from me. Congratulations Pat, enjoy your winnings! Thanks to everyone else for entering and we should be running another contest sometime soon.

Unrelated:
I know I was building the hell out Joanna Newsom's Ys, but I have finally heard it and I can attest to it currently being my favorite album of the year. I was afraid that because of all the big production names involved that it might have been overproduced, but they really held back and the orchestration is subtle and perfect in my opinion. I'd be interested if I hear anything better than this for the rest of the year.

*****************************************
There will be some kind of more substantial post later. I'd like to apologize for the sudden drop in quality of posts around here, but I've just started school and it's been eating up my time and I'm still trying to adjust to my new daily schedule. It'll get better, I promise :)
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!