Friday, October 27, 2006

It's been pretty cold lately

As the title of this post suggests, it's been pretty cold in Maryland lately, at least in Annapolis, or more specifically Cape St. Claire. This isn't a "real" post, though you may have already guessed that already. However, have no fear, for I will return on Monday and hopefully well get back into a more regular swing of things around here, just like the old times... remember those old times. Not the old times where I posted crap and called it really great, but like, the lesser old times, the "not-so-old-yet-older-than-today" times, or what some may have dubbed the transition to twee. Now, that wasn't a great time because I was posting a lot of indie-pop, though, I could also argue in that direction as well. No, it was a great time because I was posting music that I really truly loved, and a decent amount of it, I guess. Anyway, I had a good time then, and so did you, I could tell cause you were always grinning and making eyes at me like you wanted some. I guess it's funny how I'm gonna post this, stick an MP3 at the bottom, and then not post for two days and pretty much negate everything I just said. However, said negation period will only last until Monday, or well I guess Sunday(?) depending on how you want to look at it. Um, this song is by a band called Welcome, I believe they're from Seattle and they just signed to Fat Cat Records. Word on the street is that Fat Cat is going to release an album called Sirs, and that this album is going to be made by Welcome. It's also very likely that this album will be made available in the U.S. and Canada on March 5th 2007, however Fat Cat is the type of dude that picks favorites and so the rest of the world is going to get it lightyears before us on November 16th. This song is the title track from Sirs and its really good. It has a little Deerhoof feel, musically, yknow, if you're into that sort of thing.

[MP3]: Welcome :: Sirs (Highly Recommended!)

This song is pretty good, too.

[MP3]: Welcome :: All Set (Highly Recommended!)

Go see Welcome at their MySpace home
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It snowed today up in Massachusetts. We are also having some sort of insane wind right now. It's enough to make our local shopping mall collapse. Luckily no one got hurt.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just learn to deal with the cold ok, just quit your bitching ok. I'm so tired of always hearing you bitch and moan about the weather on your blog. LIKE OMG.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

uhhh, i love the cold. When have I ever said negative about the weather?

11:14 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

hi andy

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home