Monday, January 29, 2007

Pretty Girls Make Graves Say Goodbye


Wow. Can I just say, :'(

In a news posting on their website this morning, the band wrote:

"We are sorry to announce that our upcoming tour in May will be our last. Nick quit the band and the rest of us feel like it wouldn’t be right to continue on without him. The 5 of us feel very lucky to have met and worked with some truly amazing people over the years. Thank you all so much…"

Even if I didn't totally love their last record, Pretty Girls Make Graves have been one of my favorite bands for a long time. I'm going to miss them immensely, but at least I'll get to see them one last time. The band will indeed finish the tour in May for which all the dates have not yet been confirmed. I do know however, that they will be making a stop at the Black cat in Washington, DC on May 20th!

*MP3 LINK UPDATED*
One of my favorite PGMG songs ever, hell, one of my favorite songs ever, period:
[MP3]: Pretty Girls Make Graves :: Speakers Push The Air
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

First Rainer Maria and now this!?!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

They're dropping like flies :'(

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww bummer!

the link doesnt work though...

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm kind of glad that Rainer Maria broke up. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

-Jim

6:33 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

aw man, no. no. no no no no no.
she was fantasticccccccccc

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rainer Maria broke up?

I literally only discovered them last week :(

7:17 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

:'(

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you -- I wasn't crazy about their latest release, but Good Health is still one of my favorite records EVAH.

Sadly tho, the MP3 links is broken. You big tease.

Seattle definitely won't be the same without PGMG...

2:37 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

OOPS, sorry about the mp3 link. I've fixed it now.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home