Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Get In Your Car and Drive It All Over Me


Slightly photoshopped You Made Me Realise 12" cover art.

I love My Bloody Valentine a lot, a real large amount. However, while I do consider -- like many people -- Loveless to be one of the greatest records ever, I do, for the most part, prefer their earlier, poppier moments quite a bit more. It took me quite a while to track down the You Made Me Realise EP, but it's got one of my all-time favorite MBV tracks on it. It was released by Creation Records around August of 1988 as a 12" and a maxi CD single, and featured probably the best cover of any of their records up to this point. There's just something about it. Anyway, "Drive It All Over Me" is a real great track, mixing the perfect amount of shoegaze and pop together with Belinda's super catchy vocal melody overtop it singing cryptic lines like:
Cover up your windows
Close up all the doors
Time has come for me to really shine
Pick myself up off the floor
Things that'll make yourself cry
Can be tied above the well
Helplessly withering away
But I'll never ever tell

[MP3]: My Bloody Valentine :: Drive It All Over Me

Okay, so, if you've heard this song before you should give it a shot. That's all I've got to say. Oh, and, happy Wednesday! Oh, and I wont be able to make it to the NYC Popfest, so everyone else enjoy it for me okay :'(

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great track, great band

8:26 PM  
Blogger Francesco said...

Greatest band of the '80 and great blog, i've just added to my blogroll.

By honey!

fran

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite post title thus far...

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks for posting this -you can never have too much MBV!

Ed, 17 Seconds

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice track, hadn't heard it before. great site too!

z from butter team

8:20 PM  
Anonymous honda civic 2000 said...

If you are looking for high quality and low price used vehicles company is the one stop solution.
Used Nissan Murano | Used Volkswagen Polo

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home