Thursday, June 14, 2007

HOLY CRAP OMG WHOA

If you throw a rock at the UK, chances are you might just hit a band influenced by 1960s pop music. However it's not too often you find a band these calling the Swell Maps and The Fire Engines some of their biggest influences! Sheffield, UK's Navvy play wacked out garage pop that actually reminds me quite a bit of bIG fLAME and maybe even a little of Yeah Yeah Noh. Vocalist Keith has also got a bit of David Byrne on his voice that I can't help but find to be almost hypnotizing. Navvy might not be for everyone, but I can confidently say they're probably the coolest band I come upon this year. No, I take that back, they're tied with Liechtenstein. Anyway, listen to "Navvy," by Navvy, it's awesome.



Angular Recordings should be releasing Navvy's debut EP sometime soon. It'll be four songs on beautiful white vinyl. Get excited!

EDIT: OH! I also just realized that this song reminds me a lot of Stump's C86 weird-as-shit-classic, "Buffalo". Okay, that's all. Carry on.

Labels: , , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mm, this reminds me of early Bis too. Probably just because of the boy singing / girl scream-singing but that was my first thought.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home