Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Lodger


The Lodger

The release of The Lodger's LP Grown-Ups not only marks the full-lenth debut from the Leeds-based indiepoppers, but it's also the first full-length record Slumberland has put out since the Aislers' How I Learned To Write Backwards back in 2003 -- almost four years ago! Needless to say, I'm pretty excited on both accounts!

Grown-Ups is a super-solid record from start to finish, every track oozing with that great 80s-inspired jangle pop they've been perfecting for the past couple years. Now, Vocalist/Guitarist Ben may be no David Gedge, and The Lodger may be Wedding Present, but they've got that rare gift of being immediately catchy without even trying and you really can't ask for from a pop band. It took me a while to decide my favorite moment from Grown-Ups, but I'd have to say that at the moment I'm pretty in love with "Watching". Give it a listen.

[MP3]: The Lodger :: Watching (Very Highly Recommended!!)

Grown-Ups is out now on Slumberland Records in the U.S. and on Angular in the UK, but you can only get the vinyl from Slumberland. If you're like me you'll want this on vinyl, so go do it!
Be The Lodger's friend on MySpace!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waouh!

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lupe snuck me a copy of this album onto my ipod and i like it a lot. very wedding pressent-y fo sure. get it and the choruses are so good.

Love,
Kevin

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home