Monday, August 27, 2007

Brown Recluse Sings: "Night Train"


Brown Recluse Sings

Philadelphia's Brown Recluse Sings have been on a roll since releasing their debut Black Sunday EP last year and they've already got some new stuff on the way! I heard the brand new song "Night Train" a week or so back and it's been stuck in my head so I figured I better share it with you. I believe this will be on the upcoming record, The Soft Skin, but more details on that later. For now, check out "Night Train".

[MP3]: Brown Recluse Sings :: Night Train (Highly Rec'd!!)
I loved everything on the Black Sunday EP, but I think this song has gotta be my favorite BRS track to date. It's got a much more "poppier" feel to it than most of their previous material, and I'm really digging it. I'd say if I had to offer up some sort of blatant comparison, I'd say it's sounds like what I think James Mercer fronting Saturday Looks Good To Me would sound. The bright, poppy keyboards and the horns mesh perfectly, creating a nice, lush melody that, well, get's stuck in your head pretty quick.

Check out BRS on MySpace

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

5 Comments:

Blogger Trev Oddbox said...

That's great stuff!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Night train to Mundo Fine
Night train to the end!

3:39 PM  
Blogger BROWN RECLUSE SINGS said...

thanks so much matt!
will we see you sept. 13 at the ottobar? we're opening for HOLLY GOLIGHTLY(!!!!!!!!!). we've got a special cd for you too.
--herbie

6:11 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

i dont think youre opening for them anymore herbie :'( i think they got moved to another date.

11:30 PM  
Blogger BROWN RECLUSE SINGS said...

wtffffffffffff.
-h

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home