Monday, October 29, 2007

LISTEN TO IN INTERVIEW

If you do one thing today, it should be listening to IN INTERVIEW. These kids are from NYC and are pretty much my new favorite thing (now if I could just catch them live, like everyone else did last week, that would be nice). Not to belittle the band to just one petty description, but if you could imagine what the Young Marble Giants would've sounded like if they all drank more coffee and thought horns were a good idea (horns ARE a good idea, by the way). It's also important to note that they also put on quite a fantastic live show. Though they've been together since at least 2004, there haven't been any releases besides a showing on a Teenbeat sampler of that same year. As such, they're currently shopping around for a label, so somebody pick these guys up!!! I have no MP3s, so I urge urge urge you to go to their MySpace and listen the two tracks they have up – espeically "I'll Confess," which I must say, is the fucking jam.

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Boy and the Cloud said...

thanks for reading my extended ramblings! check out my new awwthum mix - not much new for twee tracker frequenters, but maybe that's not the important thing. a good mixtape is a good mixtape.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

i'll check it out!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

when you said horns, for some reason i imagined young marble giants looking kind of satanic with horns on their heads.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

hahaha!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home