Sunday, December 09, 2007

All I ever wanted was to be your spine

Hello Hello Everyone! First of all, thanks muchly for all of your mostly lovely comments on the year-end post. I mentioned doing a "TOP EPs of the YEAR" feature, in addition to the LP one – I may still do that. For now, I will be taking a brief break from the blog, probably until December 16th. I've got loads of work to finish by the end of the semester and exams I've got to study for (but still probably wont, because I procrastinate better than anyone). I'll be in the print studios for upwards of ten hours a day this week, which will undoubtedly leave little time for blogging, so I bid you a short farewell. When I'm back I may try to get in that EP list – and possibly a best songs one, too – if I have the time to. If I don't ever get around to it, know this: The Manhaatan Love Suicides KILLED it this year, they win, THEY JUST WIN OKAY; Liechtenstein put out what was probably my most listened to single of the year; Ringo Deathstarr released the finest shoegaze of the year; and Roque and Cloudberry should win some kind of prize for what they did for indiepop this year. GOODBYE!
StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dimitra Daisy said...

Roque deserves a medal. 'Tis true.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skatterbrain is THE best music blog, its been a good year, and you've introduced me to a lot of good musics, thanks man, and good luck with your exams!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

thanks for the luck! i may actually need it! :O

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up the good work.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Marianthi said...

Liechtenstein, Cloudberry, The Manhattan Love Suicides - brilliant, varied, wonderful indiepop that's making us feel ALIVE. Yay! xx

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, go roque! cloudberry should win something

10:49 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

somebody bake him a cake and mail it to him!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Dan-onymous said...

Kudos (not the granola bar) all around for a great year for indiepop, Skatterbrain, Cloudberry, and much more. All I can say is that 2008 better BRING IT!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

This is a very, very interesting blog.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home