Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart: "A Teenager In Love"


Peggy, Alex, Kip, and Kurt!

I made the trip up to Philly this past Friday to FINALLY see The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart and to meet up with a few people I've been meaning to meet. The show was beyond excellent and it was lovely to finally get to meet Kip and Peggy, who are super nice. The night eventually turned into a full-blown indiepop dance party! I vote for it to happen again soon. Thanks to Neal for putting the whole thing on!

Okay, anyway, I was talking to Kip and I mentioned that the world needed a recorded version of "A Teenager In Love," as I was tired of hitting "replay" on the YouTube video of it from Athens Popfest. Turns out it had been recently put up on their MySpace, so I downloaded it as soon as I got home and I've listened to it basically nonstop since then. Listen to it and you'll see why. It's super bouncy and dancey and the chorus is so addicting – the melody will be in your head foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[MP3]: The Pains of Being Pure at Heart :: A Teenager In Love (Indescribably Recommended!)

The Pains' split 7" with The Parallelograms (who rule, btw) will be out hopefully soon on the wonderful Atomic Beat Records in the UK then a split on Slumberland sometime in the future, too.

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart on MySpace!

Hope you all had a super great new year!

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pete Green said...

I heart the Pobpahs.

'Cardigan' is the Atomic Beat track, I thought. I've seen the artwork and it's beautiful!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

youre probably right...
thats what i get for never fact checking anything i assume!

11:58 AM  
Blogger nyc popfest xo said...

terrific band. if you're in the new york city area this friday.. they are playing at indiepop dance party MONDO

9:11 PM  
Blogger Marianthi said...

Yes! The Pobpah track on our ABR split will be 'Kurt Cobain's Cardigan' which is AMAZING - I'd say it's the new 'Son of a Gun'. It should be out at the end of February!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home