Thursday, January 17, 2008

Singapore Sling


Iceland's Singapore Sling

Wow! Hello new obsession! Magnusk wrote up a post about Singapore Sling on IndieMP3 about a week ago, and then I saw that The Pobpahs were playing with them in Iceland in March, and at that point I knew I had to investigate. So, investigate I did, and I have to say, Singapore Sling are amazing. AMAZING. The band's 2003 record, The Curse of Singapore Sling is a heavily JAMC-influenced treat! There's tracks beautifully drenched in fuzz, feedback and distortion like "Overdriver", but then there's fantastic little tambourine-filled pop songs like "Summer Garden" peppered about, too! It's a perfect record in my eyes... have a listen!

[MP3]: Singapore Sling :: Overdriver (Highly Recommended!!)
[MP3]: Singapore Sling :: Summer Garden (Highly Recommended!!)

Check em out on MySpace to hear some more song!

Oh, and, um. :)

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your band is fantastic (:

9:05 PM  
Blogger sinclair said...

I came across that 2003 album when it came out and it's been a major obsession since them indeed.. So I understand you ..

great stuff, not getting enough recognition

hail Singapore Sling and thx for writing bout them...

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home