Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Winter Club

The Winter Club are my new pop obsession. The Winter Club is three Brighton girls making pretty much perfect pop songs full of alternating vocals and the occasional harmonies and handclaps. It all comes out sounding somewhere between The Cannanes and The Crystals... yeah. ANYWAY. I've listened to "The Big Trip" and "Do You Like To Dance?" about a million times on their MySpace tonight, and I just cant get it out of my head. All the songs are fantastic though, you really must listen to them!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi, i was wondering where i can purchase The Winter Club's music? They are not on itunes...:O(
Michelle

8:05 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

hey michelle,

they actually havent released anything yet, but they should be sometime soon. try emailing them on myspace if youve got any questions :)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love this. The Winter Club seem to encapsule everything I like about Marine Girls, Dolly Mixture, sixties girlgroups, but given their own little twist.
Their song "clap" sounds like a modern day Shangrilas classic in my opinion.
Can't wait for an actual record.
Thanks for pointing me into their direction. You really are an inspiration !

Bart (belgium)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. The song "Clap" is a keeper. I will be purchasing it via snocap, or vinyl or whatever as soon as it is released since that is a must have

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home