Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Today It's Sunny, It's Way Too Early, and I Don't Want To Get Up


The Wendy Darlings

It always amazes me that everyday there's still an opportunity to lift up a metaphorical rock on the internet and stumble upon something fantastic. Case in point, The Wendy Darlings – most likely named after Peter Pan's Wendy Moira Angela Darling and clearly influenced by early 90s indiepop, but sounding more like a janglier Bratmobile – have stolen my heart. For how long? It's hard to say, but that's not really important RIGHT NOW is it? All I know is I can't get their song "Get Up" out of my head, and I'd say that's good enough. Even more, another song ("Enormous Pop") is bouncing around up there right next to it... who knows... maybe the two songs are dancing together!?

The Wendy Darlings hail from France and are made up of three oddly aliased folks: Saddam Suzy on guitar and vocals, Dr. Poppy on bass and vocals, and DJ Sepia on drums. A bit odd, indeed, but jangly pop songs first, questions later, I always say! Now I'll be on my way and let you get these songs stuck in your head, too!

[MP3]: The Wendy Darlings :: Get Up (Super Recommended!)
[MP3]: The Wendy Darlings :: Enormous Pop

Oh, they also remind me a bit of The Haircuts! Yes! That's it!
The Wendy Darlings on MySpace!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home