Thursday, July 10, 2008

We played for hours, looking for the fucking flowers


Pete and Pete

Not only was Pete and Pete the greatest television show to ever exist, but it also had a soundtrack better than any show ever had or ever will again. It's no secret that someone behind the show was a huge Stephin Merritt fan, as the the series is peppered with a little bit of everything he's ever done – Mag Fields, 6ths, Gothic Archies – it's all there. Everybody's heard those songs though. Right now I'd like to highlight what I think was the best song ever used on the show – the song that came bursting out of the speakers in "35 Hours" as Big Pete popped in a Kreb Zeppelin 8-track. The song, "Flowers" is, of course, NOT by Kreb Zeppelin, but by Dunedin band Chug. Chug featured the lovely voice of Norma O'Malley (from Look Blue Go Purple) and released several records on New Zealand's Flying Nun label in the early to mid 90s, but "Flowers" still remains the only song I've ever heard from them. It appeared on their very first 7" in 1992. It's a noisy, charging song and couldn't be more perfect for a sunny day. Listen! You Must! "This is gonna be goooooooooooooooood!"

[MP3]: Chug :: Flowers (Hiiiiiighly Recommended!)

Have a great day! :)

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love this track! And all that Look Blue Go Purple stuff, too, especially "Cactus Cat" and "I Don't Want You Anyway," which to me sounds like precursor to Electrelane.

Oh, and "Hey Sandy" is the greatest TV theme song of all time. Just sayin'.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dan-onymous said...

Makes me want to take a road trip to the Hoover Dam, replete with roof-stacking competition. Love Pete & Pete, and this song is beautiful.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

make sure you keep your elbow way out the window!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Dan-onymous said...

Will do...it's the only way to become King O Frod.

2:31 PM  
Blogger evencleveland said...

good grief ... i just stumbled across your blog during a google images search for the softies and wow. so. much. goodness. capped off with pete and pete!

glad i found you.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

i fucking love this song. good find matt.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Warmer Climes said...

I just love the way you speak about each song here...

All my respect...Sent from Romania.

Vlad

6:49 PM  
Blogger The Boy and the Cloud said...

you seen this?:
http://kiwitapes.blogspot.com/2007/02/blog-status.html

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own the EP Kisser, anyone want to buy it from me?

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own the EP Kisser, anyone want to buy it from me?

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own the EP Kisser on CD, I don't really listen to it much any more though. Maybe someone is interested in buying it from me.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own the EP Kisser on CD, I don't really listen to it much any more though. Maybe someone is interested in buying it from me.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own the official Kisser EP on CD, I don't really listen to it much any more though. Maybe someone is interested in buying it from me, it's in pretty good condition.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室



A片,aio,av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊,免費視訊,美女交友,成人交友,聊天室交友,微風論壇,微風成人,sex,成人,情色,情色貼圖,色情,微風,聊天室尋夢園,交友,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊辣妹,一夜情

AV女優,A片,A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,SEX,情趣用品,A片,AV女優,情趣用品,A片,,成人電影,成人成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,成人,色情,aio,av女優,AV,情趣用品.A片,情色,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,av女優,av,成人,自拍,尋夢園聊天室

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home