Monday, September 29, 2008

Where will we get all our culture from?


The new All Girl Summer Fun Band!

The leaves are just beginning to fall and the air is chillier and starting to smell really good – and the new record from The All Girl Summer Fun Band could not have possibly come at a better time! Looking Into It, the band's 3rd full-length (their first without summer fun girl Ari Douangpanya, and first to be self-released through their AGSFBmusic label), sees the girls moving into a slightly more rocking direction. Somewhat gone are the cutesy songs of old, and instead what we find is little more noise ("Not The One For Me", "Trajectory"), and a little more maturity ("Lost", "Rewind"). Noise and maturity, together at last! Who said it could never happen?

After all the mention of rock and noise, I should mention that while that all may be intact here, Looking Into It is first and foremost a POP record – and a damn good one at that. It makes me feel like it's the 90s in the Northwest again – sounding not so far off from the likes of Tiger Trap, Dear Nora or, perhaps, Gaze (who are actually Canada-based, but might as well have been in the Northwest). Pile that on top of the fact that Autumn is just creeping in, and well, there's heaven. Right now I'm finding myself quite smitten with "Oh No", "Lost" and "Rewind". I've heard mentions of disappointment with the new record, but I just don't see it, and I'm thinking it'll actually be one of my very favorite records of the year. The girls have totally outdone themselves and now I'm just waiting to see some tourdates PLEASE!

[MP3]: All Girl Summer Fun Band :: Lost (So Hugely Recommended!)

ORDER Looking Into It from AGSFB music!!!
All Girl Summer Fun Band on MySpace!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dennis said...

Sadly, I'm also in the 'disappointed' camp. So far. Of course it'll take a few more listens to judge correctly. Perhaps it'll seem better once I accept it's a different AGSFB.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

yeah, it seems thats how most people are feeling :( i think it's just great!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home