Monday, January 05, 2009

New Bridal Shop! Eeeeeeeeeee!


The Bridal Shop
I've been consistently in love with The Bridal Shop since I first heard "From Seas" almost two years ago and right now I'm extremely excited because I just found out they'll be releasing a new mini album soon! The record, which will be titled In Fragments is going to be a lush, danceable, pop masterpiece if the two songs I've heard so far are any indication! The brilliant thing about The Bridal Shop is that they're so tough to pin down. You hear a song and you think you've got an idea of what they sound like, but then this song and that song – they could be totally different. It's on-your-toes, surprising pop. Not to mention it's also tremendously catchy.

While you wait until what seems like it might be February as of right now, you can listen to this new track from the record. "Ideal State" opens with abrubtly with voices that quickly fade out into sharp programmed strings, that eventually give way to some familiar drum machine and flourish territory. I wasn't too thrilled with the track the first time around, but now that I've been listening to it for the past 24 hours, I've found more than a few parts to latch onto and now it's hard to let go!

[MP3]: The Bridal Shop :: Ideal State (Highly Recommended, of course!)

In Fragments will be out on Plastilina Records sometime soon in the forthcoming months, but for now, if you're one of the unlucky few who haven't yet checked out their Cloudberry 7" "In Violation", I would really, really suggest picking that up!

The Bridal Shop on MySpace!!!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

How come Sweden gets all the good ones?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home