Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Strawberry V, you're the one for me!


Brilliant at Breakfast

I don't quite remember how it was that I happened upon Brilliant at Breakfast's quiant little MySpace page, but my breakfast this morning (no kidding!) was all the much better for it! The band consists of a seemingly anonymous group of folks from Yogyakarta, Indonesia who play, in their own words, "Pop with dabs of madness. Perky, childish, whimsical songs. Themes range from popular culture (comic book superheroes, Greek mythology, urban legends, novels, other bands) and everyday life (end-of-vacation blues, intoxicating drinks, sugary drinks, road accidents)." Sounds good to me! While browsing through their comments, I noticed that they seem to be pals with Annemarie, which makes perfect sense given two points: they're both from Indonesia, they both play pop songs with equal doses of sunshine and whimsy. It's not too early to start thinking about Spring, and this song is the perfect way to get yourself in the mood! Listen :)

[MP3]: Brilliant at Breakfast :: Strawberry V (Highly Recommended!)

They seem to be on a label called Rise and Shine, but I don't see any information on a release of any kind anywhere. Maybe something is on the way, though – I sure hope so! This is fantastic stuff!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan-onymous said...

so nice! <3 it!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great find! Gonna get this on my ipod asap to liven up the commute

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home