Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Taking time in the name of taking time


The Metric Mile

Since finally, happily, receiving my copy of The Metric Mile's 'In Praise of Ski Jumpers' 7", I don't think it has really left my turntable – in short, I'm definitely in love. I'm hearing bits and pieces of all my favorite bands – The Wake, OMD, The Field Mice, etc – all rolled into one and it's just perfect! I first fell in love with A-side "In Praise of Ski Jumpers", which prompted me to order the single in the first place, but it's the B-side, "Codebreaking", that now has me in a fixed grin. This song could have fit right between "Gruesome Castle" and "Pale Spectre" on The Wake's 1987 'Something That No One Else Could Bring' EP – which, I assure you, means a lot, because I love the crap out of that record. Now I also love the crap out of The Metric Mile. You going to NEED to get this single! I'm not going to post any songs, but you can them at the link below, or of course on MySpace.

Get the 7" right here for $5!
The Metric Mile on MySpace!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sherri L said...

Yes, I love this single too!

I really hope the MM puts out some more recorded music... they need to up the output a wee bit! ;)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Agreed!!! I want an LP – right now!
I love everything I've heard from them.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the metric mile! I wish they'd press "How to beat the SAT"

3:20 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Totally unrelated but you guys were great the other night opening for the Pains. I'm bummed that I was a bit late and didn't catch the whole set. You also seemed to be having the most fun when PoBPaH finally came on. The people around me were hardly bobbing their heads. DC needs to loosen up a little!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Shadazz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Shadazz said...

Sounds great! If you got some time to spare, check out my list over the 100 best indie pop songs.

www.shadazz.webblogg.se

7:22 PM  
Blogger Olibear said...

I love the single

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home