Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Cold-hearted lovers get warm under covers


The Hermit Crabs

The new Correspondence Course EP from Scotland's Hermit Crabs – which I only just heard very recently – has become an integral companion for me as I'm beginning to welcome the Spring season back into my life. The EP (out on Matinee Records) is four tracks of sugary-sweet indiepop that seems to just cover your whole body with sunshine! The best part? Melanie's immensely catchy vocal melodies – and they're made even better against the backdrop of the bouncing, almost surf-y lead guitar. In my opinion, these guys and gals should totally be as big as Camera Obscura. Listen to "I Don't Know How" and just try not to smile!

[MP3]: The Hermit Crabs :: I Don't Know How

Go pick up Correspondence Course from Matinee today!
The Hermit Crabs on MySpace!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blake said...

Ace!

Speaking of Camera Obscura, who's excited for their new album?!

Heehee my code thing has "poop" in it!

1:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's my picture. :-)

This is a sparklingly lovely song. I don't give the Hermit Crabs the attention they probably deserve. I guess I've always thought them a bit too folky for my tastes. I enjoyed them live, however!

*jennifer*

4:11 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

blake, the new camera obscura is just fantastic!!! let me tell you!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home