Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Best Coast


Beach ladies.

Best Coast is the L.A.-based pop project of Bethany Consentino of Pocahaunted along with Bobb Bruno. I'm not a very big fan of Pocahaunted, but Best Coast's fuzzy pop songs are right up my alley. This is some seriously lo-fi stuff, but the melodies are definitely there and they're pretty memorable – at least to me. They've got a tape and a 7" slated for release on Blackest Rainbow and Art Fag Recordings, respectively. Not sure if this song will end up on either of the releases, but it's my favorite of the bunch I've heard. It reminds me a little of MBV's "Sometimes" if it were perhaps thrown through a woodchipper.

[MP3]: Best Coast :: Up All Night (Highly Recommended!)

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger colin said...

yo listen to dum dum girls and the girls at dawn

12:21 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

i love dum dum girls. ive posted about dee dee before. i'm too into girls at dawn though, not enough melody there for me.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

i meant "not too into"..

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hot and holistic as hell

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home