Monday, August 03, 2009

A monthly mix: August


August!

Being that August the last month of Summer, and that Summer is slowly coming to an end, I felt like this month's mix should sound like a recap of the feelings of Summer. So, what came to be is this 16 track mix of mostly dreamy, sun-soaked pop songs of primarily lazy tempos. I think it illustrates the lazy, hazy days of Summer quite perfectly. I hope you like it, and I hope it makes as much sense to you as it does to me. The fact that the July mix is still on the front page of this blog is a pretty good signifier of exactly how lazy I was with Skatterbrain this Summer. I expect to return to posting a little more regularly come Fall – when my life gets a little more organized again.

DOWNLOAD IT!

Tracklist:
01. The Clientele “An Hour Before The Light”
02. Red Letter Day “Hibernation”
03. Alsace Lorraine “Summer Days At Home”
04. Felt “The World Is As Soft As Lace”
05. Belle and Sebastian “Ease Your Feet In The Sea”
06. The Shapiros “He Said She Said”
07. PO! “Fay”
08. Brittle Stars “This Trip”
09. Clock Strikes Thirteen “Dead Fish”
10. Saturday Looks Good To Me “Caught”
11. Cocoanut Groove “A Dream Of Two Summers”
12. Madison Electric “Another Autumn”
13. Laura Watling “Good Times Never Last”
14. Burning Hearts “A Peasant’s Dream”
15. The Imaginary Friend “Brighton Beach Postcard”
16. Brighter “Killjoy”

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

1 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Great taste in music - this is a dynamite compilation; everything on it is terrific. [I appreciate the mp3s + commentary instead of podcast].

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home