Thursday, September 03, 2009

Brown Recluse: The Soft Skin EP


The Soft Skin cover art.

Timothy Meskers and Herbie Shellenberger are two of the nicest dudes I know, so of course, it's only fitting that they be part of such sweet sounding pop music. Brown Recluse(no more Sings)'s new EP, The Soft Skin, has been in the works for some time now, but it's finally come to us from none other than Slumberland Records. Mike knows a good record when he hears one, and so do I – this is one of the coziest damn things I've heard in a long time. With the onset of the Fall season outside my window I've been returning to lots of older Fall favorites to get me in the mood, but there's no need to return again (at least for a little while), because Brown Recluse's The Soft Skin is my new Fall favorite.

The EP includes "Night Train," a favorite of mine that appeared on the first Skatterbrain compilation, but the real standouts of the EP for me are the last two tracks: "Rainy Saturday" and "Contour and Context." Timothy's vocals feel warm, strangely familiar and the melodies are easy to fall in love with – especially since there are so many to pick out! In short, I find it impossible to not fall in love with these four timeless pop songs. So, despite the fact that it's a Sunny Thursday, I urge you to listen to "Rainy Saturday."

[MP3]: Brown Recluse :: Rainy Saturday (Hiiighly Rec'd!!!)

Buy The Soft Skin from Slumberland!
Brown Recluse on MySpace!

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!