Monday, September 21, 2009

The Mantles


The Mantles

The Mantles new, debut LP on Siltbreeze is too awesome. I've been glued to it for the past 48 hours and the flawless songs it holds. It's not the sort of stuff I typically gravitate to, but immediately heard echos of The Dentists and The Chills – but maybe a with a bit more psychadelia thrown in – and now I'd say I'm totally hooked. I'm still obviously drawn more to the record's first half (what I would consider to be the "poppier" half), but beginning to end it's still an awesome record with some really fantastic hazy production. Here's a song from that first, "poppier" half, "Don't Lie".

[MP3]: The Mantles :: Don't Lie (Highly Recommended!!!)

Get the record from Siltbreeze!
The Mantles on MySpace!

Labels: , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!