Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Ruby Falls


Heroines cover art

After finding Ruby Falls lodged between many of my favorite bands on the Pop Narcotic comp Why Do You Think They Call It Pop? I made it a point to track down their debut LP on Silver Girl, Heroines. The girls of Ruby Falls hailed from NYC and though I've seen them described as Math Rock and their songwriting carries some pretty deep feminist themes, my ears tend to focus on the moody pop melodies found peppered across their debut LP. It's not all for me – songs like "Amended" and "Thirst" get a little too heavy for my liking – but moments like the record's title track and the nearly six-minute-long "Pennies" show off the girls' brilliant harmonies perfectly in the form of moody, sprawling pop songs. Listen to "Pennies".

[MP3]: Ruby Falls :: Pennies (Highly Recommended!!!)

Ruby Falls on Silver Girl Records

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home