Monday, November 23, 2009

Long time no see

Finally, on this cloudy Monday morning, I've found some free space to actually give this blog a minute of my time. I really miss posting and updating frequently and keeping up with everything, but frankly I just can't do it like I used to – real life just keeps getting in the way. So I've decided that, while I truly can't keep it up in the same way it once was, I can still keep it going. Instead of new reviews and features and etc, I'm going to try out just posting a song a day, with just a little bit of background. I think that will be fun! We'll see, though.

Just to catch you up to speed though, here's a bit of what I've been loving lately:
Pants Yell! Received Pronunciation
Best Coast Make You Mine EP
Versus Secret Swingers
Screamfeeder Kitten Licks
The Fauns S/T
The Spinanes Strand
A Sunny Day In Glasgow Ashes Grammar

Now for a song – not from any of those records!

[MP3]: #Poundsign# :: Michigan

I'm going to assume anyone reading this is relatively familiar with #Poundsign#, but maybe not with this particular song. "Michigan" comes from the 1997 Cher Doll compilation Something Cool. It's one of my favorite comps ever. Check out the rest of the tracklist and you'll see why. It's even gold based on "Michigan" and that Rizzo track alone!

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

2 Comments:

Blogger Daggerboy said...

agreed, that rizzo track is amazing!

5:53 PM  
Blogger The Boy and the Cloud said...

"michigan" was also a single on a label called belmondo, with the equally great "rooftops" on the flip. have you heard it?

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home