Thursday, January 07, 2010

I don't know what it's like to know you


Chris, Mark, and Jenny

I got ahold of Grenadine's first record, Goya, about a month ago, but didn't really listen to it until this past afternoon and I'm in love with it front beginning to end. What would one expect from a Jenny Toomey and Mark Robinson combination. It's beautiful, moody and woozy, but also downright poppy. Jenny and Mark's vocals are brilliant and well, I don't know, I don't really have anymore words, but I'm just really stuck on this song – along with just about every other one of the record.

[MP3]: Grenadine :: In A World Without Heroes

Labels: , , , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Seventh Stranger said...

Yes! This was a favorite of mine back when it came out. Jenny Toomey was my idol in the mid-90s. . . .

12:58 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I've been in love with Jenny ever since i first heard Tsunami's "Deep End". What a record that is!

12:19 PM  
Blogger The Seventh Stranger said...

I agree completely! Deep End is one of my top albums of all time, and a record that changed the way I felt about music. "Genius Of Crack" got me through some hard times. . . .

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home