Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A monthly mix: June!


Summer!

The June mix is here! I feel quite bad for completely missing May, but I was a bit too distracted with at least a million things that it just never really came together. I've got a lot more free time right now though, so for the time being, you might see a little more action going on here than usual!

The cover art for this month's mix might be one of my favorites and it also happens to be relevant to my recent interest in Paris. "Paris" by Northern Picture Library is also the closing track on the mix — are you starting to notice the connections?? The song choices are all over the place, but it all works out, I promise. I bet The Beach Boys never thought they would be sharing a tracklist with the rest of these bands! The tracklist is just a few lines below and I encourage you to check it out and see if this mix is the one for you! Have a happy June! Let me know if you like it!

DOWNLOAD IT!

Tracklist:
01. Brittle Stars "Tripping Me Up"
02. Alsace Lorraine "Though I've Never Seen You"
03. The Beach Boys "Girl Don't Tell Me"
04. Pia Fraus "Summer Before Spring"
05. The Blanche Hudson Weekend "Sharks"
06. Eggs "It's Hard To Be An Egg"
07. Broadcast "Man Is Not A Bird"
08. Saturday Looks Good To Me "Car Crash"
09. Mahogany "One Plus One Equals Three Or More"
10. The Ecstasy of Saint Theresa "Sweet Abyss"
11. Belle and Sebastian "A Century Of Fakers"
12. Grenadine "In A World Without Heroes"
13. A Sunny Day In Glasgow "Summerlong Silences"
14. Northern Picture Library "Paris"

Labels: ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble It!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mairead said...

Haven't had a chance to listen to the mix yet, only just downloaded it with a slow computer... but absolutely love the album art work. I went to Paris this spring and it is one of my favourite palces ever!

12:17 PM  
Blogger xrobinbanksx said...

awesome as always! album art is super great too! so psyched for more updates for a while.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its nice to see Belle and Sebastian in this month's mixtape.

10:53 AM  
Blogger baltsplainer said...

i have so much catching up to do.. i switched computers, lost bookmarks and missed out on months of mixes.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home